After all of his seemingly endless campaign stops and harsh rhetoric about the rich not paying "their fair share," it turns out that the president’s proposed tax hikes on “the rich” will only raise enough revenue to run the government for about eight days. But that doesn’t really matter, of course, because it’s all about “fairness.” In other words, if Washington lawmakers are serious about reducing the federal deficit -- as they claim to be -- the real solution is that they must stop borrowing and spending money we don’t have. We cannot carry on like this indefinitely:...
Here's a couple of facts that may help and if you are from California God knows you need help. Wall street generally does well during democrat administrations because of crony capitalism an treasury secretaries and Federal Reserve Chiefs like Bernanke printing money and pumping it into wall street banks. Also the GDP turned positive before the stimulus or any other Obama went into effect. Keep raising taxes in California and keep spending, make sure you keep your unions organized and making demands so the rest of us can see how not to do it.
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 19 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 12 hours ago