After all of his seemingly endless campaign stops and harsh rhetoric about the rich not paying "their fair share," it turns out that the president’s proposed tax hikes on “the rich” will only raise enough revenue to run the government for about eight days. But that doesn’t really matter, of course, because it’s all about “fairness.” In other words, if Washington lawmakers are serious about reducing the federal deficit -- as they claim to be -- the real solution is that they must stop borrowing and spending money we don’t have. We cannot carry on like this indefinitely:...
Here's a couple of facts that may help and if you are from California God knows you need help. Wall street generally does well during democrat administrations because of crony capitalism an treasury secretaries and Federal Reserve Chiefs like Bernanke printing money and pumping it into wall street banks. Also the GDP turned positive before the stimulus or any other Obama went into effect. Keep raising taxes in California and keep spending, make sure you keep your unions organized and making demands so the rest of us can see how not to do it.
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Mystery deepens: Missing Malaysian jet reportedly flew hundreds of miles in the wrong direction Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Andrew Malcolm, Melissa Henson Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Hawaii ponders: It might be time to start taxing insurers for not participating in our ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul to Ted Cruz: Stop mischaracterizing my foreign policy views Allahpundit 2 hours ago