Gov. Mitt Romney opened the engagement. "Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917. The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now under 285. We're headed down to the low 200s if...
In response to:
Good luck to the New Navy bought with 40% borrowed money. Romney is the Establishment's man & he will dance to their tune, not the voter's, meaning continued deficit spending. Romney & the RNC scuttled Ron Paul's campaign because he was the only real threat, if elected, to the Establishment's control over the military-industrial-Wall Street-banking-MSM-empire. He threatened to end the empire & the D.C. power brokers wouldn't let that happen. If Romney is elected the empire building will escalate. Romney MAY balance the budget in ten years. That will be too late. Hyper-inflation will already have destroyed the dollar. The empire will destroy the U.S. gov't & it is too late for America to wake up & find a leader to do anything about it.
Monday night's final 2012 presidential election debate included a brief but fierce naval battle. The candidates exchanged close-combat broadsides over the size of the U.S. Navy, then fired provocative salvos in the direction of two complex subjects, the capabilities of modern weapons and the deleterious effects of funding cuts required by sequestration on the defense budget, especially planned ship-building programs.
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 5 hours ago