I'm in the camp that believes Republicans have no choice but to agree to raise taxes on the top 2 percent of earners. The party has been successfully caricatured as the servant of the rich. This is unjust, yes, but justice is imperfect in this life. It's political suicide for Republicans to stand fast on maintaining current rates for high earners even at the cost of raising taxes for everyone else. Imagine if we went over the fiscal cliff. In January, Obama would call upon Congress to pass a law restoring the tax rates for 98 percent of filers. What could...
Until we, as a nation, stop funding the socialist dream of Liberals we have no hope. I don't know how it can be done but it must be. We have civil laws for theft, property protection and extortion but none apply to the Government. We will never eliminate greed, stupidity, immorality or evil, but we should be able to prevent our Government from using these human frailties against us for their own enrichment and lust for power. If the Constitution cannot be wielded as a defense any longer, I am ready and willing to rebel in any way required to end this madness before it is too late.
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 39 mins ago
- Poll: 63% oppose Obama’s executive order on amnesty Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago