A Truly Great Phony

lee2012 Wrote: Sep 23, 2013 9:11 PM
Its been a long time since I posted on a Sowell article. This one is barely worth the effort. Isn't Sowell guilty of doing the same thing liberals did to Bush for 8 yrs? Make fun of the miss use of words or miss pronounciations. Sowell, must have been trying to make quota when he wrote this article. Good grief!

A Truly Great Phony

lee2012 Wrote: Sep 23, 2013 9:03 PM
You gotta be kidding... are your children choosing only to date and "breed" within their race? Sure some are, but many others are not. What you fail to realize is that you are fighting against evolution. The thing about evolution is that you don't have to like it. Your life span & my life span are hopfully somewhere north of 75. Evolution involves centuries. "Segregation allowed people to carry on thousands of years of tradition" What are you talking about? Do you mean the traditions of the Fuedal system during renaissance Europe. Or maybe the imperialism of Ghengis Khan. To me these are forms of segregation - splitting the races into camps for the benefit of one, never both. Remember, separate is not equal.

Leftist Hysteria Over Monsanto

lee2012 Wrote: Sep 23, 2013 8:34 PM
Hmmm... you sound as certain of your science as those who believed the earth was flat. Their science told them the earth was flat, then there was new science and they all said... oh, okay!

The Auto Bailout Failure Is Now Complete

lee2012 Wrote: Dec 20, 2012 3:13 PM
Ok. Let's agree that neither one of has a time machine nor a crystal ball. That means my assessment & yours is really our "guess" at what GM would have looked post-restructure. With that said, perhaps we can agree that GM would have shrank considerly, with fewer brands. Is that okay? If so, are we not also saying many many jobs go up in smoke? My guess is you have seen a restructure or two & so have I. That's devastation considering the size of GM and all of the tertiary vendors etc. Again, you are using a business perspective (mentioned in the original post) & I think its like judging a movie like The Matrix with a Citizen Kane yardstick. See it for what it was... a bailout!

The Auto Bailout Failure Is Now Complete

lee2012 Wrote: Dec 20, 2012 2:57 PM
I did not mention Bush's name once. I would feel the same under any administration. No bid contracts are typically a bad deal ... I tried to make my post neutral.

The Auto Bailout Failure Is Now Complete

lee2012 Wrote: Dec 20, 2012 1:13 PM
By the way, I have always wanted more accountability around all of the "no-bid" military contracts handed out that totaled billions of taxpayer dollars. I believe that was a far worse use of tax dollars. Paying $600 to a contractor to do military laundry... the list is endless. One day, someone is going to do a really good documentary about Haliburton, Black Watch etc.

The Auto Bailout Failure Is Now Complete

lee2012 Wrote: Dec 20, 2012 1:08 PM
After reading some of the comments I get the impression people believe the Gov't was conducting itself as an authentic corporate entity. All it ever was in this saga was a "last gasp" measure. For example, a parent who bails out their 30 yr daughter who gets too far into credit card debt and is close to losing her apartment /lights etc. You don't really expect to get the money back, you just don't want your daughter out on the street sleeping on borrowed sofa cushions. That's all this really was. Too many people here are not willing to "balance" the anger over using taxpayer dollars with the impending devastation of the auto industry during a big sell off. Gov't Motors sounds a lot better than China Motors. Glass half full guys...

Invincible Ignorance

lee2012 Wrote: Dec 18, 2012 4:39 PM
You miss-read my statement. I clearly state the ban expired. Read the 1st 9 words of my post. No worrys. For the record, I would rather collect samurai swords and old tribal weapons. Assault rifles are cowardly if you really think about. Hiding behing 100 round clip. Meet me in an open battlefield with a sword and shield or club or etc.

Invincible Ignorance

lee2012 Wrote: Dec 18, 2012 3:03 PM
Name calling... that always moves the conversation fwd. I am sure you teach you children to behave the same way in debates. Anyway, your point about evil people need to re-trained or punished, is just WEIRD. How do you re-train a brain that has a genetic malfuntion or pervasive chemical imbalance? My question to you is, how many more kids and/or people need to be gunned down before you are willing to at least entertain bringing the law back? And NO, the answer is not to give shot guns to school principles or encourage more people to carry conceal weapons, so they are PREPARED to kill someone at ALL times. [

Five New ObamaCare Taxes Coming January 1