The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago