Progressives, however, have been declaring the deficit problem "mostly solved." A report from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that, including all...
The House TP/GOP demanded that the Senate pass a budget. OK. Now Obama will propose a budget and it will get the debt turned around. While at the same time the economy will continue to improve.
Republicans are reportedly ready to vote to hike the debt ceiling without any of the major deficit-related concessions they've been pushing for from Democrats, and budget-watchers will soon turn their attention to the looming sequestration spending cuts (from the Budget Control Act, or BCA) scheculed to take place on March 1 and the expiration of the continuing resolution budget that the federal government has been operating on, scheduled to take place March 28.
- Surprise: Hoboken Mayor produces additional “journal entries” in Christie saga Guy Benson 50 minutes ago
- Video: Oregon commission orders stop on using dead babies to generate power Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bundy’s comments on race provide breaking point for Paul, Heller Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- FDA set to regulate e-cigs — and cigars, pipe tobacco Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Five dead in Ukraine clashes as Obama warns on sanctions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago