As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon...
"For the vast majority of the populace to continue to believe that it is really the inanimate object, the firearm, is evil is ludicrous." As your comedian Bill Hicks said with sarcasm: "There is no connection between HAVING a gun and SHOOTING someone and NOT HAVING a gun and NOT SHOOTING someone, gun lobby studies have shown". Sarcastic and totally true. You can say a gun is inanimate, but any person with an IQ over 50 should realise if people cant get them they cant shoot them. You people apparently seem not to get that.
I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago