Dr. Atkins said many years ago that a high-fat diet wasn't dangerous in and of itself, and now researchers have "discovered" that digestion (duh!) prevents the fat we eat from entering our bloodstream as fat - instead, the carbohydrates we eat raise insulin levels in our blood, and insulin is a fat-creating hormone! So he was right all along. Also, did you know that people who have their stomachs stapled are put on the Atkins diet afterward? They don't call it that, but if you look at the diet, that's exactly what it is!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 4 hours ago