We are reminded by the commander of the special operations unit with whom we are living not to broadcast names or faces of Afghan security force personnel. The local district governor is speaking through an interpreter. He doesn't pull any punches: "You must not abandon us again. You helped us...
What I'm ashamed of is the fact that some of you commenting Bible skills are deplorable and depressing. Sure, our founding fathers owned slaves. But how else do you suppose the economy was going to keep going at that particular time without slavery. Bear in mind the population of workers who could or would have carried out these tasks. The point you miss is that God was at work in the lives of the slaves and their masters which eventualy came to and end. Though the fathers themselves were not all in approval of slavery. You are trying to make the point that one race of people is supreme of another because of skin color. How ridculous you make an almighty and loving God sound. None of us are any better or more intellectual than the other.
WARDAK PROVINCE, Afghanistan -- "If you leave here like you left Iraq, I am a dead man," says the blunt-speaking district governor. His district chief of police, a newly appointed civil judge and the chief of the Afghan Local Police detachment all nod their heads in assent. None of them is smiling.
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 3 hours ago