We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
The question is, will Boehner and his 13 gulog-dogs get the message that the Tea Party demanded, which is, the Constitution is the only thing that matters. And, it makes governing easier for ALL sides, if they just put the constitution first? Boehner, just Wednesday, lied again, by pushing thru the CR to fund the government, WITHOUT any debate. Right before being elected Speaker of the House again, Boehner looked right into the camera and said NO BILL will be bought up for vote WITHOUT following ALL the prescribed rules of debate and amendents..
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 8 hours ago