We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
The question is, will Boehner and his 13 gulog-dogs get the message that the Tea Party demanded, which is, the Constitution is the only thing that matters. And, it makes governing easier for ALL sides, if they just put the constitution first? Boehner, just Wednesday, lied again, by pushing thru the CR to fund the government, WITHOUT any debate. Right before being elected Speaker of the House again, Boehner looked right into the camera and said NO BILL will be bought up for vote WITHOUT following ALL the prescribed rules of debate and amendents..
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 30 minutes ago
- Report: Oregon is about to give up on its ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Captain Kirk: Give Hillary the conn Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Dumb new controversy: Should the 9/11 Museum mention jihad? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Gabby Franco & Nikki Turpeaux, Steven Crowder, Ashley McGuire Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Has Obama decided to reject the Keystone XL pipeline already? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago