We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
The question is, will Boehner and his 13 gulog-dogs get the message that the Tea Party demanded, which is, the Constitution is the only thing that matters. And, it makes governing easier for ALL sides, if they just put the constitution first? Boehner, just Wednesday, lied again, by pushing thru the CR to fund the government, WITHOUT any debate. Right before being elected Speaker of the House again, Boehner looked right into the camera and said NO BILL will be bought up for vote WITHOUT following ALL the prescribed rules of debate and amendents..
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 4 minutes ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago