Speaker John Boehner has proposed allowing tax rates to rise for the wealthiest Americans if President Barack Obama agrees to major entitlement cuts, according to several sources close to the talks. It is the first time Boehner has offered any boost in marginal tax rates for any income group, and it would represent a major concession for the Ohio Republican. Boehner suggested hiking...
In response to:
I hope ALL Republicans incumbents have big campaign stashes for the next election. Any rep that sides with the yellow bellied Boehner will be primaried. ALL republican incumbents that we cant primary out, will be standing alone come the 2014 general election. The conservative base will not be a part of putting a yellow dog republican BACK in office. We learned our lesson. We now know what Boeher is. Incumbents that side with Boehner WILL feel the pain in their pocketbook come primary season.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago