Speaker John Boehner has proposed allowing tax rates to rise for the wealthiest Americans if President Barack Obama agrees to major entitlement cuts, according to several sources close to the talks. It is the first time Boehner has offered any boost in marginal tax rates for any income group, and it would represent a major concession for the Ohio Republican. Boehner suggested hiking...
In response to:
I hope ALL Republicans incumbents have big campaign stashes for the next election. Any rep that sides with the yellow bellied Boehner will be primaried. ALL republican incumbents that we cant primary out, will be standing alone come the 2014 general election. The conservative base will not be a part of putting a yellow dog republican BACK in office. We learned our lesson. We now know what Boeher is. Incumbents that side with Boehner WILL feel the pain in their pocketbook come primary season.
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 17 mins ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 57 mins ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 3 hours ago