When they landed at Plymouth, the pilgrims tried communal living. After almost complete failure, they changed to work for your benefits. The result was success. Eveywhere taking care of people who don't work is tried, it fails. Unfortunately, our universities still teach people to believe that work should not be rewarded. What the heck do studies on community organizing have to do with the work ethic. Those organizers are sent out in the world with a "you owe me and my kind a living equivalent to the best" attitude.
Watching the Sunday talk shows, I heard "responsibility rewarded" as the catch phrase from everyone tied to the administration and reelection effort. I got up around 7AM after about five hours of sleep to get a jump on work and to have some family time later. It was sickening to listen to Axelrod & Co suggest that it's people like me that are sucking out oxygen in the economy and that those that woke up much later Sunday morning are some kind of unsung heroes deserving more of my earnings. It was downright despicable to suggest that the nation with the...
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Dempsey continues to frustrate Obama with admission some Arab allies fund ISIS Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago