When they landed at Plymouth, the pilgrims tried communal living. After almost complete failure, they changed to work for your benefits. The result was success. Eveywhere taking care of people who don't work is tried, it fails. Unfortunately, our universities still teach people to believe that work should not be rewarded. What the heck do studies on community organizing have to do with the work ethic. Those organizers are sent out in the world with a "you owe me and my kind a living equivalent to the best" attitude.
Watching the Sunday talk shows, I heard "responsibility rewarded" as the catch phrase from everyone tied to the administration and reelection effort. I got up around 7AM after about five hours of sleep to get a jump on work and to have some family time later. It was sickening to listen to Axelrod & Co suggest that it's people like me that are sucking out oxygen in the economy and that those that woke up much later Sunday morning are some kind of unsung heroes deserving more of my earnings. It was downright despicable to suggest that the nation with the...
- Madeline Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- On the other hand: Fourth Circuit upholds ObamaCare subsidies for federal exchange consumers Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago