When they landed at Plymouth, the pilgrims tried communal living. After almost complete failure, they changed to work for your benefits. The result was success. Eveywhere taking care of people who don't work is tried, it fails. Unfortunately, our universities still teach people to believe that work should not be rewarded. What the heck do studies on community organizing have to do with the work ethic. Those organizers are sent out in the world with a "you owe me and my kind a living equivalent to the best" attitude.
Watching the Sunday talk shows, I heard "responsibility rewarded" as the catch phrase from everyone tied to the administration and reelection effort. I got up around 7AM after about five hours of sleep to get a jump on work and to have some family time later. It was sickening to listen to Axelrod & Co suggest that it's people like me that are sucking out oxygen in the economy and that those that woke up much later Sunday morning are some kind of unsung heroes deserving more of my earnings. It was downright despicable to suggest that the nation with the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 9 hours ago