When they landed at Plymouth, the pilgrims tried communal living. After almost complete failure, they changed to work for your benefits. The result was success. Eveywhere taking care of people who don't work is tried, it fails. Unfortunately, our universities still teach people to believe that work should not be rewarded. What the heck do studies on community organizing have to do with the work ethic. Those organizers are sent out in the world with a "you owe me and my kind a living equivalent to the best" attitude.
Watching the Sunday talk shows, I heard "responsibility rewarded" as the catch phrase from everyone tied to the administration and reelection effort. I got up around 7AM after about five hours of sleep to get a jump on work and to have some family time later. It was sickening to listen to Axelrod & Co suggest that it's people like me that are sucking out oxygen in the economy and that those that woke up much later Sunday morning are some kind of unsung heroes deserving more of my earnings. It was downright despicable to suggest that the nation with the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago