When they landed at Plymouth, the pilgrims tried communal living. After almost complete failure, they changed to work for your benefits. The result was success. Eveywhere taking care of people who don't work is tried, it fails. Unfortunately, our universities still teach people to believe that work should not be rewarded. What the heck do studies on community organizing have to do with the work ethic. Those organizers are sent out in the world with a "you owe me and my kind a living equivalent to the best" attitude.
Watching the Sunday talk shows, I heard "responsibility rewarded" as the catch phrase from everyone tied to the administration and reelection effort. I got up around 7AM after about five hours of sleep to get a jump on work and to have some family time later. It was sickening to listen to Axelrod & Co suggest that it's people like me that are sucking out oxygen in the economy and that those that woke up much later Sunday morning are some kind of unsung heroes deserving more of my earnings. It was downright despicable to suggest that the nation with the...
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 14 hours ago