When they landed at Plymouth, the pilgrims tried communal living. After almost complete failure, they changed to work for your benefits. The result was success. Eveywhere taking care of people who don't work is tried, it fails. Unfortunately, our universities still teach people to believe that work should not be rewarded. What the heck do studies on community organizing have to do with the work ethic. Those organizers are sent out in the world with a "you owe me and my kind a living equivalent to the best" attitude.
Watching the Sunday talk shows, I heard "responsibility rewarded" as the catch phrase from everyone tied to the administration and reelection effort. I got up around 7AM after about five hours of sleep to get a jump on work and to have some family time later. It was sickening to listen to Axelrod & Co suggest that it's people like me that are sucking out oxygen in the economy and that those that woke up much later Sunday morning are some kind of unsung heroes deserving more of my earnings. It was downright despicable to suggest that the nation with the...
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 37 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 46 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 3 hours ago