For many years conservatives have...
In response to:
Wrong. Fox News is the number one CABLE news network. The majority of Americans don't watch cable news. ABC/NBC/CBS out perform Fox News Cable. Far more Americans DON'T listen to Limbaugh/Beck/Hannity/Levin than do. Just a little perspective Das_Veritas. The majority of Americans don't even follow public and governmental affairs to any significant extent. However, many of them do vote. I talk about public policy at work constantly. I work in a highly educated group of people. I am constantly amazed at how willfully ignorant of what's happening in the Nation these people are. Don't understand the difference between Debt and Deficit and use the terms interchangeably. Have never read the Constitution.
For the next few weeks pundits, political consultants, activists and everyone else will be offering their reasons for why Republicans not only lost the presidential election, but several important Senate and House seats. Republicans of every stripe lost, so I don’t see this as a tea party versus the establishment scenario. People smarter and with more experience in electoral politics will talk about the candidates’ flaws and demographic realities. However, in seeing the exit polls and talking to friends who are not politically-inclined, one thing became clear to me: The media defined this election.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago