For many years conservatives have...
In response to:
Wrong. Fox News is the number one CABLE news network. The majority of Americans don't watch cable news. ABC/NBC/CBS out perform Fox News Cable. Far more Americans DON'T listen to Limbaugh/Beck/Hannity/Levin than do. Just a little perspective Das_Veritas. The majority of Americans don't even follow public and governmental affairs to any significant extent. However, many of them do vote. I talk about public policy at work constantly. I work in a highly educated group of people. I am constantly amazed at how willfully ignorant of what's happening in the Nation these people are. Don't understand the difference between Debt and Deficit and use the terms interchangeably. Have never read the Constitution.
For the next few weeks pundits, political consultants, activists and everyone else will be offering their reasons for why Republicans not only lost the presidential election, but several important Senate and House seats. Republicans of every stripe lost, so I don’t see this as a tea party versus the establishment scenario. People smarter and with more experience in electoral politics will talk about the candidates’ flaws and demographic realities. However, in seeing the exit polls and talking to friends who are not politically-inclined, one thing became clear to me: The media defined this election.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 12 hours ago