For many years conservatives have...
In response to:
Wrong. Fox News is the number one CABLE news network. The majority of Americans don't watch cable news. ABC/NBC/CBS out perform Fox News Cable. Far more Americans DON'T listen to Limbaugh/Beck/Hannity/Levin than do. Just a little perspective Das_Veritas. The majority of Americans don't even follow public and governmental affairs to any significant extent. However, many of them do vote. I talk about public policy at work constantly. I work in a highly educated group of people. I am constantly amazed at how willfully ignorant of what's happening in the Nation these people are. Don't understand the difference between Debt and Deficit and use the terms interchangeably. Have never read the Constitution.
For the next few weeks pundits, political consultants, activists and everyone else will be offering their reasons for why Republicans not only lost the presidential election, but several important Senate and House seats. Republicans of every stripe lost, so I don’t see this as a tea party versus the establishment scenario. People smarter and with more experience in electoral politics will talk about the candidates’ flaws and demographic realities. However, in seeing the exit polls and talking to friends who are not politically-inclined, one thing became clear to me: The media defined this election.
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 37 mins ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago