Well, no actually, except for the part about trying to learn the cello. It's been 18 months now, and I'm plugging away, attempting to force my hands, arms, body, but mostly my brain, to do things...
I think this is great. My chidlren are also virtuoso's in various instruments. I did not perform as a child, but took up the piano and the bass guitar as a reference for their lessons. i am not accomplished, but my children really enjoy making fun of me. more on point they know that when i make an observation about someone's playing I have the right to stand in that areana.
Seized by some peculiar muse (clearly one with a sense of humor), I have undertaken to learn the cello in middle age. To the amazement of my teacher, my family and myself, I've made incredibly rapid progress. Displaying a fluidity and musicianship that cannot be taught, I burned through the early books and went straight to repertoire that is usually the province of advanced players.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago