The process of normalizing, so to speak, the status of 11 million illegal immigrants now in the United States is not an unusually attractive one, particularly to those who set store by observance of laws and norms. What the alternative may be, one isn't sure. To eject 11 million people from the country? I...
THE COMMENTER WHO SAID, "All you have to do is cut off jobs and benefits and they will leave on their own" is perfectly correct. IT'S CALLED "ATTRITION THROUGH ENFORCEMENT" AND WE DID IT HERE IN AZ FOR 3 YRS. AND LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS I HAVE READ LEFT THE STATE (I could see the difference and our college kids were now able to get jobs and finish their education! - jobs illegals had stolen!). MAKE THE "E-VERIFY SYSTEM" MANDATORY NATIONWIDE AND WITHOUT A JOB, ILLEGALS WILL LEAVE. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LEGAL ALIENS AND ILLEGAL ALIENS IS THAT LEGAL ONES COME TO BE AMERICAN & IN ANY CASE, AGREE TO RESPECT OUR LAWS. ILLEGALS COME FOR WHAT THEY CAN GET AND HAVE NO RESPECT FOR LAW. THEY COULD HAVE APPLIED BUT PREFERRED NOT TO!
The problem with reality is that it can get so, well, real. As when it storms through the door, kicks over a chair or two and demands recognition, when the problem of immigration has done, as signified by eight senators, both Republicans and Democrats, this week.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago