The process of normalizing, so to speak, the status of 11 million illegal immigrants now in the United States is not an unusually attractive one, particularly to those who set store by observance of laws and norms. What the alternative may be, one isn't sure. To eject 11 million people from the country? I...
THE COMMENTER WHO SAID, "All you have to do is cut off jobs and benefits and they will leave on their own" is perfectly correct. IT'S CALLED "ATTRITION THROUGH ENFORCEMENT" AND WE DID IT HERE IN AZ FOR 3 YRS. AND LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS I HAVE READ LEFT THE STATE (I could see the difference and our college kids were now able to get jobs and finish their education! - jobs illegals had stolen!). MAKE THE "E-VERIFY SYSTEM" MANDATORY NATIONWIDE AND WITHOUT A JOB, ILLEGALS WILL LEAVE. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LEGAL ALIENS AND ILLEGAL ALIENS IS THAT LEGAL ONES COME TO BE AMERICAN & IN ANY CASE, AGREE TO RESPECT OUR LAWS. ILLEGALS COME FOR WHAT THEY CAN GET AND HAVE NO RESPECT FOR LAW. THEY COULD HAVE APPLIED BUT PREFERRED NOT TO!
The problem with reality is that it can get so, well, real. As when it storms through the door, kicks over a chair or two and demands recognition, when the problem of immigration has done, as signified by eight senators, both Republicans and Democrats, this week.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 9 hours ago