The process of normalizing, so to speak, the status of 11 million illegal immigrants now in the United States is not an unusually attractive one, particularly to those who set store by observance of laws and norms. What the alternative may be, one isn't sure. To eject 11 million people from the country? I...
THE COMMENTER WHO SAID, "All you have to do is cut off jobs and benefits and they will leave on their own" is perfectly correct. IT'S CALLED "ATTRITION THROUGH ENFORCEMENT" AND WE DID IT HERE IN AZ FOR 3 YRS. AND LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS I HAVE READ LEFT THE STATE (I could see the difference and our college kids were now able to get jobs and finish their education! - jobs illegals had stolen!). MAKE THE "E-VERIFY SYSTEM" MANDATORY NATIONWIDE AND WITHOUT A JOB, ILLEGALS WILL LEAVE. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LEGAL ALIENS AND ILLEGAL ALIENS IS THAT LEGAL ONES COME TO BE AMERICAN & IN ANY CASE, AGREE TO RESPECT OUR LAWS. ILLEGALS COME FOR WHAT THEY CAN GET AND HAVE NO RESPECT FOR LAW. THEY COULD HAVE APPLIED BUT PREFERRED NOT TO!
The problem with reality is that it can get so, well, real. As when it storms through the door, kicks over a chair or two and demands recognition, when the problem of immigration has done, as signified by eight senators, both Republicans and Democrats, this week.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 19 hours ago