Alas, we still have Rick Santorum saying Obamacare is the same as what he calls "Romneycare"; the otherwise brilliant Mickey Kaus sniffing that if states can mandate insurance purchases, then we're "not talking about some basic individual liberty to not purchase stuff" (no, just the nation's founding document, which protects "basic individual liberties" by putting constraints on Congress); and the former law professor, Barack Obama, alleging that a "good example" of judicial activism would be the Supreme Court (in his...
In response to:
what makes this all so ironic is that the libs have absolutely no problem with courts negating a proposition that was duly passed by a significant majority of voters (Prop 8, CA), but obama insists that the Supremes can't overturn something passed by 3 votes in the House...
The reason tea partiers carried signs saying "Read the Constitution!" was that we were hoping people would read the Constitution.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 9 hours ago