Alas, we still have Rick Santorum saying Obamacare is the same as what he calls "Romneycare"; the otherwise brilliant Mickey Kaus sniffing that if states can mandate insurance purchases, then we're "not talking about some basic individual liberty to not purchase stuff" (no, just the nation's founding document, which protects "basic individual liberties" by putting constraints on Congress); and the former law professor, Barack Obama, alleging that a "good example" of judicial activism would be the Supreme Court (in his...
In response to:
what makes this all so ironic is that the libs have absolutely no problem with courts negating a proposition that was duly passed by a significant majority of voters (Prop 8, CA), but obama insists that the Supremes can't overturn something passed by 3 votes in the House...
The reason tea partiers carried signs saying "Read the Constitution!" was that we were hoping people would read the Constitution.
- New feminist advance: Adorable little girls dropping tons of F-bombs Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Breaking: Gunman shoots soldier near Canadian parliament, shots fired inside Parliament Hill; Update: “Numerous gunmen,” says Ottawa PD; Update: 3rd site reports shooting Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- This could be the most embarrassing New York Times editorial ever Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- IG: Secret Service op on behalf of employee in neighborhood dispute “problematic” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago