Alas, we still have Rick Santorum saying Obamacare is the same as what he calls "Romneycare"; the otherwise brilliant Mickey Kaus sniffing that if states can mandate insurance purchases, then we're "not talking about some basic individual liberty to not purchase stuff" (no, just the nation's founding document, which protects "basic individual liberties" by putting constraints on Congress); and the former law professor, Barack Obama, alleging that a "good example" of judicial activism would be the Supreme Court (in his...
In response to:
what makes this all so ironic is that the libs have absolutely no problem with courts negating a proposition that was duly passed by a significant majority of voters (Prop 8, CA), but obama insists that the Supremes can't overturn something passed by 3 votes in the House...
The reason tea partiers carried signs saying "Read the Constitution!" was that we were hoping people would read the Constitution.
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 19 minutes ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 59 minutes ago
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago