Alas, we still have Rick Santorum saying Obamacare is the same as what he calls "Romneycare"; the otherwise brilliant Mickey Kaus sniffing that if states can mandate insurance purchases, then we're "not talking about some basic individual liberty to not purchase stuff" (no, just the nation's founding document, which protects "basic individual liberties" by putting constraints on Congress); and the former law professor, Barack Obama, alleging that a "good example" of judicial activism would be the Supreme Court (in his...
In response to:
what makes this all so ironic is that the libs have absolutely no problem with courts negating a proposition that was duly passed by a significant majority of voters (Prop 8, CA), but obama insists that the Supremes can't overturn something passed by 3 votes in the House...
The reason tea partiers carried signs saying "Read the Constitution!" was that we were hoping people would read the Constitution.
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 33 minutes ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 3 hours ago