Alas, we still have Rick Santorum saying Obamacare is the same as what he calls "Romneycare"; the otherwise brilliant Mickey Kaus sniffing that if states can mandate insurance purchases, then we're "not talking about some basic individual liberty to not purchase stuff" (no, just the nation's founding document, which protects "basic individual liberties" by putting constraints on Congress); and the former law professor, Barack Obama, alleging that a "good example" of judicial activism would be the Supreme Court (in his...
In response to:
what makes this all so ironic is that the libs have absolutely no problem with courts negating a proposition that was duly passed by a significant majority of voters (Prop 8, CA), but obama insists that the Supremes can't overturn something passed by 3 votes in the House...
The reason tea partiers carried signs saying "Read the Constitution!" was that we were hoping people would read the Constitution.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago