Alas, we still have Rick Santorum saying Obamacare is the same as what he calls "Romneycare"; the otherwise brilliant Mickey Kaus sniffing that if states can mandate insurance purchases, then we're "not talking about some basic individual liberty to not purchase stuff" (no, just the nation's founding document, which protects "basic individual liberties" by putting constraints on Congress); and the former law professor, Barack Obama, alleging that a "good example" of judicial activism would be the Supreme Court (in his...
In response to:
what makes this all so ironic is that the libs have absolutely no problem with courts negating a proposition that was duly passed by a significant majority of voters (Prop 8, CA), but obama insists that the Supremes can't overturn something passed by 3 votes in the House...
The reason tea partiers carried signs saying "Read the Constitution!" was that we were hoping people would read the Constitution.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago