Alas, we still have Rick Santorum saying Obamacare is the same as what he calls "Romneycare"; the otherwise brilliant Mickey Kaus sniffing that if states can mandate insurance purchases, then we're "not talking about some basic individual liberty to not purchase stuff" (no, just the nation's founding document, which protects "basic individual liberties" by putting constraints on Congress); and the former law professor, Barack Obama, alleging that a "good example" of judicial activism would be the Supreme Court (in his...
In response to:
what makes this all so ironic is that the libs have absolutely no problem with courts negating a proposition that was duly passed by a significant majority of voters (Prop 8, CA), but obama insists that the Supremes can't overturn something passed by 3 votes in the House...
The reason tea partiers carried signs saying "Read the Constitution!" was that we were hoping people would read the Constitution.
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago