Their prayers were answered. They would be blessed with children but had to agree to sacrifice the last child. After 25 children the couple balked at making the ultimate sacrifice. This angered the gods who threatened the destruction of the village unless...
It won't be "death squads." That is reminiscent of Cossacks on horseback riding through the villages with swords. It will be far less dramatic. And far harder to address. It will be unaccountable bureaucrats sitting in some D.C. office building who decide what care will be reimbursed and for whom, when there is insufficient funding to satisfy demand. (And believe me, there will be far more demand than will be able to be paid for.) If doctors won't provide the care when they are not paid, and if people die as a result, well -- call it whatever you like.
In the 15th century a ritual began during the final days of the Majapahit Hindu Empire in Indonesia known as Yadnya Kasada. According to legend a princess and her husband settled at the foot of Mount Bromo on East Java. Their paradise was empty as they were unable to have children so the couple prayed to the mountain gods.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago