Their prayers were answered. They would be blessed with children but had to agree to sacrifice the last child. After 25 children the couple balked at making the ultimate sacrifice. This angered the gods who threatened the destruction of the village unless...
It won't be "death squads." That is reminiscent of Cossacks on horseback riding through the villages with swords. It will be far less dramatic. And far harder to address. It will be unaccountable bureaucrats sitting in some D.C. office building who decide what care will be reimbursed and for whom, when there is insufficient funding to satisfy demand. (And believe me, there will be far more demand than will be able to be paid for.) If doctors won't provide the care when they are not paid, and if people die as a result, well -- call it whatever you like.
In the 15th century a ritual began during the final days of the Majapahit Hindu Empire in Indonesia known as Yadnya Kasada. According to legend a princess and her husband settled at the foot of Mount Bromo on East Java. Their paradise was empty as they were unable to have children so the couple prayed to the mountain gods.
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 38 minutes ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 3 hours ago