I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
I think some of the ideas (and I say some) of the Libertarian Party are good. I'm all for smaller government, flat taxes, auditing the Fed, etc. I'm a strong believer in states rights and believe the Feds have stepped on the toes of the states long enough. I do, however, have a practical streak in me that knows it's better to get the Republican Party to accept some of those ideals rather than try to create a third party. It just won't fly. I view Gary Johnson as a sore loser anyway. He started as a Republican and I saw him during the debates. He didn't wear very well, did he? So, he took his marbles, went home and joined the Libertarians. Couldn't play with the big boys.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 6 hours ago