I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Frankly, I don't care whether you give up or not. Just list for us, please, the offices that Libertarians now hold. And kindly explain that, despite your "years" of work, you still have not one registered Libertarian in Congress, where the laws of the land are made. You can't even get your candidate on all 50 ballots. Rail away against the GOP - and then, if you ever do manage to get someone elected to Congress or any other major office, just try to get them to work with you. You'll be joining the ranks of the Green Party and all the dozens and dozens of other third party wannabe's in no time. Why? Because you have no concept of governing. That's why you've consigned yourself to a third party.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 23 mins ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Semi-retired president now saluting Marines with coffee in hand Allahpundit 3 hours ago