I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Frankly, I don't care whether you give up or not. Just list for us, please, the offices that Libertarians now hold. And kindly explain that, despite your "years" of work, you still have not one registered Libertarian in Congress, where the laws of the land are made. You can't even get your candidate on all 50 ballots. Rail away against the GOP - and then, if you ever do manage to get someone elected to Congress or any other major office, just try to get them to work with you. You'll be joining the ranks of the Green Party and all the dozens and dozens of other third party wannabe's in no time. Why? Because you have no concept of governing. That's why you've consigned yourself to a third party.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 9 hours ago