I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Frankly, I don't care whether you give up or not. Just list for us, please, the offices that Libertarians now hold. And kindly explain that, despite your "years" of work, you still have not one registered Libertarian in Congress, where the laws of the land are made. You can't even get your candidate on all 50 ballots. Rail away against the GOP - and then, if you ever do manage to get someone elected to Congress or any other major office, just try to get them to work with you. You'll be joining the ranks of the Green Party and all the dozens and dozens of other third party wannabe's in no time. Why? Because you have no concept of governing. That's why you've consigned yourself to a third party.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014