I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
That's right - avoid the argument at all costs, since you have nothing to add to it.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago