I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Really? Is that what you're advocating? Then what is Johnson's candidacy all about? I'm not talking about people trying to influence the Republican Party. I'm all for working within the system. I'm talking about all the whiners posting here about Johnson, and what changes he would make. Read what I wrote before you comment, please. It would make your posts a little more interesting. Since you couldn't bother to read what I wrote, or you have poor reading comprehension, I guess it points to those third graders, huh.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 23 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 23 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014