I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Really? Is that what you're advocating? Then what is Johnson's candidacy all about? I'm not talking about people trying to influence the Republican Party. I'm all for working within the system. I'm talking about all the whiners posting here about Johnson, and what changes he would make. Read what I wrote before you comment, please. It would make your posts a little more interesting. Since you couldn't bother to read what I wrote, or you have poor reading comprehension, I guess it points to those third graders, huh.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 43 mins ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago