I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
You are so exactly right. A vote for Ralph Nadar was as big a waste as a vote for Ross Perot. Exactly what did either man accomplish? I'll give you a hint - absolutely nothing. For God's sake, why don't you do a little reading instead of blathering on this post? When has a third party candidate ever had a snowball's chance in this country? I'll give you another hint never. If Johnson did get 10% of the vote - What exactly would that accomplish? You got it - nothing.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rise of Ebola and terrorism a perfect storm for the GOP? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago