I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
You are so exactly right. A vote for Ralph Nadar was as big a waste as a vote for Ross Perot. Exactly what did either man accomplish? I'll give you a hint - absolutely nothing. For God's sake, why don't you do a little reading instead of blathering on this post? When has a third party candidate ever had a snowball's chance in this country? I'll give you another hint never. If Johnson did get 10% of the vote - What exactly would that accomplish? You got it - nothing.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 1 min ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago