I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
You are so exactly right. A vote for Ralph Nadar was as big a waste as a vote for Ross Perot. Exactly what did either man accomplish? I'll give you a hint - absolutely nothing. For God's sake, why don't you do a little reading instead of blathering on this post? When has a third party candidate ever had a snowball's chance in this country? I'll give you another hint never. If Johnson did get 10% of the vote - What exactly would that accomplish? You got it - nothing.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 8 hours ago