I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Baloney, jtroxell. Romney lost "alot" of Republicans? Very, very few republicans even know what happened at the convention. You better be on your knees doing alot of praying, because Johnson doesn't have a snowball's chance to win anything. For all your libertarian leanings, it's a shame you haven't bothered to read the Constitution. If you are so inclined, I suggest you read the part about the Electoral College and then claim Johnson has any chance at all.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 37 minutes ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Update: Tomorrow Allahpundit 3 hours ago