I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Baloney, jtroxell. Romney lost "alot" of Republicans? Very, very few republicans even know what happened at the convention. You better be on your knees doing alot of praying, because Johnson doesn't have a snowball's chance to win anything. For all your libertarian leanings, it's a shame you haven't bothered to read the Constitution. If you are so inclined, I suggest you read the part about the Electoral College and then claim Johnson has any chance at all.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Remembering James Foley and his work Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Dems fret that ISIS will force America to return to Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago