I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Herd mentality? Interesting that anyone who disagrees with you has a herd mentality. I guess someone could also say that you have a false sense of importance, thinking that support for Johnson will change anything. Heads up - read the Constitution. You know, the document you libertarians claim to love. Electoral College. Zero chance that Johnson could ever possibly win this election.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 57 mins ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago