When I was in grade school, I remember going to birthday parties at the local bowling alley. Before the games would begin, the workers would install bumpers inside the gutters in order to prevent gutter balls and avoid "failure." When I was growing up, it was common for sports teams to award trophies to all the players so no little kid would have his or her feelings hurt at the end of the season. Today, there are school districts which no longer give out "F'" grades, and hundreds of high schools have removed class ranks so that my generation will feel...
In response to:
Blame that on a government education that skews heavily- in fact, completely- towards central planning and against free markets. When the failures of central planning are blamed on capitalism, they have no knowledge or experience to properly explain the conditions they see around them.
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 38 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 13 hours ago