The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Rubio voted for allowing Obama to raise the debt ceiling before he voted against it. He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. Conservatives need to stop supporting someone just because of their demographic. Besides, all of this is academic because once Obama signs his amnesty (supported by the Republicans), no Republican will ever win Florida again. No Florida = no White House.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 39 mins ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago