For me, it is a matter of Him whom we call Lord Lord, namely, the Lord Jesus Christ. For if it actually be so that He is our Lord, then we shall do the things which He says: we shall live by the heavenly standard, not by the worldly standard. For in Christ, it is not the Lord's will that we prepare to render evil for evil [an eye for an eye]; neither is it the Lord's will that we prepare to overcome evil with with: contrariwise, it is the Lord's will that we resist not evil, and to overcome evil with good. If we going to belong to the Lord Jesus Christ, then we have to actually trust Him, and stop insisting on our own will, but rather deny it; and we cannot have it both ways, such an arrangement does not exist with God.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago