For me, it is a matter of Him whom we call Lord Lord, namely, the Lord Jesus Christ. For if it actually be so that He is our Lord, then we shall do the things which He says: we shall live by the heavenly standard, not by the worldly standard. For in Christ, it is not the Lord's will that we prepare to render evil for evil [an eye for an eye]; neither is it the Lord's will that we prepare to overcome evil with with: contrariwise, it is the Lord's will that we resist not evil, and to overcome evil with good. If we going to belong to the Lord Jesus Christ, then we have to actually trust Him, and stop insisting on our own will, but rather deny it; and we cannot have it both ways, such an arrangement does not exist with God.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 9 hours ago