For me, it is a matter of Him whom we call Lord Lord, namely, the Lord Jesus Christ. For if it actually be so that He is our Lord, then we shall do the things which He says: we shall live by the heavenly standard, not by the worldly standard. For in Christ, it is not the Lord's will that we prepare to render evil for evil [an eye for an eye]; neither is it the Lord's will that we prepare to overcome evil with with: contrariwise, it is the Lord's will that we resist not evil, and to overcome evil with good. If we going to belong to the Lord Jesus Christ, then we have to actually trust Him, and stop insisting on our own will, but rather deny it; and we cannot have it both ways, such an arrangement does not exist with God.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 9 hours ago