Continued: “I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. ‘Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance, And the very ends of the earth as Your possession. ‘You shall break them with a rod of iron, You shall shatter them like earthenware.’” Now therefore, O kings, show discernment; Take warning, O judges of the earth. Worship the LORD with reverence And rejoice with trembling. Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way, For His wrath may soon be kindled. How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!
The same region of the world that gave us the legend of Santa Claus also gave us the fable about a rabbit that lays eggs. I only recently learned that the Easter Bunny has a name, "Oschter Haws." The name of the holiday itself comes from the Anglo-Saxon goddess of offspring and of springtime, Eastre. So it makes some sense that Eastre would be worshipped through her earthly symbol, the rabbit.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago