Psalm 2: Why are the nations in an uproar And the peoples devising a vain thing? The kings of the earth take their stand And the rulers take counsel together Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying, “Let us tear their fetters apart And cast away their cords from us!” He who sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord scoffs at them. Then He will speak to them in His anger And terrify them in His fury, saying, “But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”
The same region of the world that gave us the legend of Santa Claus also gave us the fable about a rabbit that lays eggs. I only recently learned that the Easter Bunny has a name, "Oschter Haws." The name of the holiday itself comes from the Anglo-Saxon goddess of offspring and of springtime, Eastre. So it makes some sense that Eastre would be worshipped through her earthly symbol, the rabbit.
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 13 hours ago