It is an axiom in the insurance business that insurance is not bought but sold. In 1935 Franklin Roosevelt sold Congress and Congress sold the U. S. the Social Security Act, the biggest, most comprehensive, most expensive mass insurance policy ever written. Since then its purchasers, the nation's taxpayers, have had occasion to read their policy carefully and, if they have detected no outright jokers, their reaction has been such that practically every politician in the U. S. from Franklin Roosevelt down has put revision of Social Security at the top of his must list.- Pie from the Sky Time Magazine,...
"Because today the heirs to America’s mass movement history aren’t the Jerry Browns, the Howard Deans, the Bill Clintons or the Barack Obamas. They are the Tea Party voters who can do three things that socialists never could quite manage in this country: They can add, subtract and win elections." ...as if Romney is any sort of answer. Back to your headline...it reminds me of a sad joke... Ron Paul, Romney, and 0bama walk into a bar. The bouncer stops Ron Paul at the door and doesn't allow him in. The bartender greets 0bama and asks what he would like. 0bama says "I'll have an America on the rocks", then Romney pipes up and says "I'll have the same."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago