Win, lose or draw, we're always supposedly hitting a tipping point where social issues just no longer work for the Republican Party. At first glance, this would appear to be a rather puzzling sentiment. After all, in 2010, despite the fact that the GOP was just as socially conservative as we were this year, the Republican Party had its best year in half a century. Furthermore, in 2008 and 2012, the GOP lost despite running moderate candidates who were soft on social issues and who barely brought them up at all. If anything, you'd think that seeing two non-social conservatives...
In response to:
Since when did the DEMs care about CONSTITUTIONAL anything?
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 3 hours ago