Win, lose or draw, we're always supposedly hitting a tipping point where social issues just no longer work for the Republican Party. At first glance, this would appear to be a rather puzzling sentiment. After all, in 2010, despite the fact that the GOP was just as socially conservative as we were this year, the Republican Party had its best year in half a century. Furthermore, in 2008 and 2012, the GOP lost despite running moderate candidates who were soft on social issues and who barely brought them up at all. If anything, you'd think that seeing two non-social conservatives...
In response to:
Since when did the DEMs care about CONSTITUTIONAL anything?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 5 hours ago