Win, lose or draw, we're always supposedly hitting a tipping point where social issues just no longer work for the Republican Party. At first glance, this would appear to be a rather puzzling sentiment. After all, in 2010, despite the fact that the GOP was just as socially conservative as we were this year, the Republican Party had its best year in half a century. Furthermore, in 2008 and 2012, the GOP lost despite running moderate candidates who were soft on social issues and who barely brought them up at all. If anything, you'd think that seeing two non-social conservatives...
In response to:
Its the FREE STUFF people. As a resident of COOK county IL let me tell you that FREE STUFF works 100% of the time. Its a way of life in these parts. Other people work and he rest get FREEBIES courtesy of the DEMS who are only too happy to spend OP$ via tax payer FREEBIES to stay in power so that they can get 2 or 3 IL state pensions. Fact of life. Always is and always will be.
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago