President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
I can't stand to hear his voice or see him. What a total loss for the American people.
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago