President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
I can't stand to hear his voice or see him. What a total loss for the American people.
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago