President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
I can't stand to hear his voice or see him. What a total loss for the American people.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago