The CAP plan would eliminate deductions, close loopholes raise rates, implement new taxes, increase sales taxes, create new taxes... basically every form of a tax hike you can think of, all implemented on households with income above...
........ And not a Community Organizer "job". We need to reward families and not "baby-makers", a woman gets pregnant, and she needs to name the father (and it can be proven who it really is), he in turn will provide. If that means taking away any and all welfare, etc. monies for him to do so, so be it. Sterilization of irresponsible men and women can be just as an effective means of birth control as abortion. Automatic death sentence for drug dealers and manufacturers of illegal drugs. We can get out from under this, but it will upset a lot of the "What's in it for ME?" crowd.
Last week, the progressive think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) released their tax reform plan [pdf], supported by prominent left-wing budgeters and economists like Robert Rubin and Lawrence Summers. The net effect of this tax reform plan is a massive tax hike on "the rich" in order to fall far, far short of the revenue necessary to eliminate America's deficit.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago