I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
EPA was good back when rivers were catching on fire and the smog roled up over the mountains north of LA; now they are making regulations just to give a reason to exist. 95% of the federal government can be reduced by 50% and still work effectively. The union demands need to meet a means test and not run against legal methodology.
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 14 mins ago
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 55 mins ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Paul Ryan: I’m not running for president if Mitt Romney runs Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Pierson resigns Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago