I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
EPA was good back when rivers were catching on fire and the smog roled up over the mountains north of LA; now they are making regulations just to give a reason to exist. 95% of the federal government can be reduced by 50% and still work effectively. The union demands need to meet a means test and not run against legal methodology.
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 37 mins ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 3 hours ago