I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Military is authorized under the COTUS, :) ! SSI, only those that have actually paid into it should receive it, and for revision, let it be means tested, i.e. if you have more than $30,000 per year coming in from other sources you do not need SSI. Obamacare is going to cost 10 times what healthcare costs now. The taxpayers do not need to support lifestyle choices, the $700+ billion stolen from Medicare needs to be given back. NO medical care except for actual emergency care provided to non US citizens; most visitors coming to the US have insurance from their own country, we do not need to give it to illegals. You want food stamps, welfare, medicaid; then submit to no notice drug testing, no alcohol usage, and REAL control.
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 12 mins ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 3 hours ago