I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Military is authorized under the COTUS, :) ! SSI, only those that have actually paid into it should receive it, and for revision, let it be means tested, i.e. if you have more than $30,000 per year coming in from other sources you do not need SSI. Obamacare is going to cost 10 times what healthcare costs now. The taxpayers do not need to support lifestyle choices, the $700+ billion stolen from Medicare needs to be given back. NO medical care except for actual emergency care provided to non US citizens; most visitors coming to the US have insurance from their own country, we do not need to give it to illegals. You want food stamps, welfare, medicaid; then submit to no notice drug testing, no alcohol usage, and REAL control.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 7 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago