As a public finance economist, I normally focus on big-picture arguments against excessive government.
If the public sector is too large, for instance, that undermines economic growth by diverting resources from the productive sector of the economy.
But I’ve also discovered that it helps to personalize the analysis by pointing out examples of ridiculous and wasteful behavior by government.
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 4 mins ago
- Whiplash: Politifact absolves Democrat who repeated…Politifact’s lie of the year Guy Benson 44 mins ago
- VA whistle-blowers receive settlements for retaliation Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Pierson to Congress: White House intrusion will never happen again Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: Semi-retired president has skipped more than half of his daily security briefings this year Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago