The legislation includes a secion on a "Southern Border Fencing Strategy," which is intended to direct...
So true. My grandparents, great grandparents, came to the US with nothing. They were farmers and worked hard for what they needed to provide for their families. Both of my grandfathers were in WWI. One came back suffering from the effects of gas the rest of his life. The other left half a leg in France, came back, and farmed. He was told by his doctors no to do anything really stressful because it might kill him. One day a little girl was hit by a speeding car on the back roads, my grandfather "ran" to her, picked her up and "ran" to his car. Rushed to the hospital where she had emergency surgery and survived because of his actions that day. He died sitting in the waiting room.
Much has been made of the border security "triggers" in the Gang of Eight's comprehensive immigration reform bill. It's been emphasized that the path to legalization for eligible illegal immigrants would not begin until after border enforcement provisions are met. As I wrote last week, it's unclear that the "triggers" as they're written in the legislation would actually function this way. At a hearing this week, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano gave conservatives even more reason to be skeptical of enforcement provisions.
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 12 hours ago