One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
So very true Amy. Those of us that have worn the uniform understand and know what it takes. I served 20+ years USAF. My father 20+ years, USAF, Maj., 4 years USA, sniper WWII. My grandfathers USAEF, WWI, one left his leg in France and the other suffered from the effects of gas for the rest of his life. I can trace service back before the Revolution. This does not include relatives. I still think here should be a difference in treatment between those that serve and those that could and don't.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 21 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 22 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 23 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014