The cost of preparing your taxes could go up this year thanks to new IRS regulations.
Nearly 350,000 independent tax preparers and millions of American taxpayers will be affected by the agency's new unlawful licensing scheme. In addition to paying a yearly registration fee, tax preparers are now required to pass a competency exam, complete an unending string of continuing education courses, and could be subject to mandatory fingerprinting.
Enforcement of these new requirements is expected to cost upward of $354 million.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 11 hours ago