Among the biggest lies of the welfare states on both sides of the Atlantic is the notion that the government can supply the people with things they want but cannot afford. Since the government...
The idiotic comments of the leftists never fail to amaze. Wotan appears to believe that just raising the debt ceiling will magically take care of things. The fact that the country is in debt WAY over its head doesn't seem to make an impression. Obama has increased the national debt in three years more than Bush did in eight, but it's all Bush's fault. I wonder if Wotan and others remember when their Glorious Leader said that voting to raise the debt ceiling was unpatriotic under Bush. Just the same old leftist double standard. Makes me want to hurl great bloody chunks!
The fact that so many successful politicians are such shameless liars is not only a reflection on them, it is also a reflection on us. When the people want the impossible, only liars can satisfy them, and only in the short run. The current outbreaks of riots in Europe show what happens when the truth catches up with both the politicians and the people in the long run.
- Should childhood be prisonhood? Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago