A lot of people, conservatives in particular, tend to idealize the past. We like to wax lyrical about simpler times, the "good old days." Of course, if we are honest we have to admit that those good old days weren't always so great. The passage of time and progress of society have brought many blessings – civil, cultural, and technological. Society today is freer, fairer, safer, and more comfortable. Unfortunately many of the blessings of progress come at a cost. The same technologies that make life healthier and more comfortable can also present us with previously unimagined ethical dilemmas. This...
In response to:
better than artificial ones, and then we have more technological help for analyzing and "helping" these than we used to. This is how I see it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 5 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago