Last week, the Department of Homeland Security released their statistics on the illegal immigration for 2010. According to DHS, the total illegal population went down less than 1%, from 11.6 million at the beginning of the year to 11.5 million by the end. However, in the state of Arizona, the illegal population declined from 470,000 to 360,000; a decline of 23%. In April of 2010 the Arizona legislature passed SB 1070 to crack down on illegal immigration in the state. While parts of the law were blocked by a federal judge, illegal aliens in Arizona are getting the message that they...
Another sub-group within the mexican-illegals is made up of individuals who do not ever want to return to Mexico but have dreams of making enough money while in the US for a few years so that they can then emigrate to some other Latin American country (more user-friendly than Mexico) and start a business, and live well. But, many of these, while hard-working people, do not have the skills/education/executive-savvy to do that successfully. They end up, either staying in the US in the rut they are in (taking advantage of entitlements) or going to that other Latin country and becoming a drain on that precarious economy. Many of the arguments on how to solve the problem are debatable, but I strongly believe that one principle is essent
- Russian FM after meeting with Kerry: Russia has no “common vision” on Crimea with the west Allahpundit 31 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Brown ramping up Senate run in New Hampshire: AP Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Reuters: Radar data suggests that the missing Malaysian jet was flown far off course deliberately Allahpundit 3 hours ago