The past year has not been kind to the most potent symbols of climate change hysteria. Consider the polar bears. Among the most moving images of the warmists' warnings was the solitary polar bear, supposedly marooned on an ice floe. The image became iconic after it was published in Science Magazine....
Global "Warming" has been flat for a decade. If the Viking farms in Greenland are not capable of growing wheat and grazing cattle (there not) then we haven't yet reached the medieval warm high that we know existed. Good science requires that you take all data into account, not just that which supports your theory. Every item in the article is a case of cherry picked data being exposed when all the data is in. Cherry picked data is a sure sign that the researcher has a political not a scientific agenda. Money and peer pressure are huge issues with scientist just like everyone else. Global warming is "IN" and money flows to the "IN" research.
In a better world, debates about science -- and nearly everything else -- would be conducted without resort to demagoguery, sentimentality, cynical manipulation, or hysteria. In the world we inhabit, those tactics are dismayingly routine. Still, the great weakness of overwrought predictions of doom is that they can be checked.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago