But one of those is no longer true. Tuesday, a federal appeals court said the state cannot maintain its flat ban on concealed-carry -- a policy that makes it unique among the 50 states. In 2008, the Supreme Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to have and use a gun for self-protection. Extending the logic of that decision, the appeals court...
The government/s does/do not want to ban guns to make "us" safer. The governments want to ban guns because the governments are afraid of an armed electorate that they cannot control. And, yes, I am afraid of my government. I do not trust them. They have ignored the Constitution which is supposed to protect my rights and make the Federal Government subject to the will of the electorate.
There are certain constants to life in Illinois. Abraham Lincoln has always been revered. The Cubs always find a way to lose. Lake Michigan never goes dry. Letting citizens carrying concealed firearms is out of the question.
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago