But one of those is no longer true. Tuesday, a federal appeals court said the state cannot maintain its flat ban on concealed-carry -- a policy that makes it unique among the 50 states. In 2008, the Supreme Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to have and use a gun for self-protection. Extending the logic of that decision, the appeals court...
The government/s does/do not want to ban guns to make "us" safer. The governments want to ban guns because the governments are afraid of an armed electorate that they cannot control. And, yes, I am afraid of my government. I do not trust them. They have ignored the Constitution which is supposed to protect my rights and make the Federal Government subject to the will of the electorate.
There are certain constants to life in Illinois. Abraham Lincoln has always been revered. The Cubs always find a way to lose. Lake Michigan never goes dry. Letting citizens carrying concealed firearms is out of the question.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 6 hours ago