Those critics have less influence all the time. Some 18 states permit medical use of marijuana, and in November, Colorado and Washington voted to allow recreational use. Nationally, support for legalization is steadily rising. A decade ago, one of every three Americans favored the idea. Today, nearly half do -- and among those under 50, a large...
Oh, so you think Prohibition was a good thing? And you call me a silly person? You really need to wake up to reality. Have you ever weighed the pluses and minuses of legalizing marijuana? I can give you a few pluses, namely less crime, more revenue, more availability for law enforcement to concentrate on serious crimes, less crowding of jails. Now give me one minus and I'll take you at least little bit seriously.
As recreational drugs go, marijuana is relatively benign. Unlike alcohol, it doesn't stimulate violence or destroy livers. Unlike tobacco, it doesn't cause lung cancer and heart disease. The worst you can say is that it produces intense, unreasoning panic. Not in users, but in critics.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago