Photo voter ID opponent Keesha Gaskins, senior counsel in the Brennan Center's Democracy Program, writes: "While these laws are allegedly passed to secure elections, they impact communities of color in ways only reflected in our Jim Crow past. Looking at voter ID laws alone, we know that although 11 percent of Americans...
Your sarcasm doesn't come across too clearly. What's your point?
Photo voter ID laws, according to Attorney General Eric Holder, are a "poll tax." "Many of those without IDs," Holder recently told the NAACP, "would have to travel great distances to get them -- and some would struggle to pay for the documents they might need to obtain them."
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 46 mins ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago