We will see an enormous decision that must be made on the Bush income taxes and the payroll tax holiday, but what might provide more problems between the parties are the sequester spending cuts. Democrats do not want to admit that they have pushed sharp defense decreases upon the country as a "compromise" for raising the debt ceiling last time. It's surprising that...
In response to:
You know at this point it just doesn't matter. Obama can and will bypass congress. He will issue executive orders and let his administration issue orders and congress can't and won't do much about it. If they do he will just dare them to cut he spending wishes by putting the cuts on the most painful place and the GOP will fold. Folks at this point our country has gone over the tipping point and not a question of "if" but "when" will we collapse. It's just mathematically impossible to sustain this massively increasing debt. By the time 4 years is over then is nothing that can be done even if there was the will.
There will be a lame duck session between Election Day 2012 and January 2013, when President Obama has his second inauguration and the next Congress takes office. And in that time, incredibly important policy must be decided.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 5 hours ago