Heritage's Scare Tactics

Lancelot1954 Wrote: May 10, 2013 12:03 PM
The Heritage certainly puts out Conservatives views but to put down their research is a bit of a reach. I have not seen a time when Heritage made a mistake that didn't correct it. They are the only site I really believe in almost every case. Bit surprised she has attacked them so hard. Curious she didn't mention them taking jobs needed by American's at this time. In a growing economy having the right immigrants is a good thing. However if to just allow anyone into the country, esp. those that broke the law is not a good thing. We have a special country and its a privilege that should be earned to come here not a right.

Train Wreck Ahead

Lancelot1954 Wrote: May 01, 2013 4:02 PM
Good point and very little true. Government like businesses have learned you can't do it all at once, you get there in smaller steps that people are more willing to accept.

Train Wreck Ahead

Lancelot1954 Wrote: May 01, 2013 4:00 PM
There was broad support to have laws the always allowed people to keep their coverage or to get coverage. Also broad support to allow more competition but allowing companies to work across state lines which would drive down prices. Sadly, Obamacare is a huge monstrosity that does much much more than the basic thing you are talking about.

Train Wreck Ahead

Lancelot1954 Wrote: May 01, 2013 3:57 PM
That sounds like it would work but with one major problem. Yes, insurance companies are like any company, they are there to make a profit. However, competition keeps their prices in check and makes them be more competitive in driving down costs. If the government did the entire job there would be no need to keep down costs since they don't need to be competitive. As costs rise just tax more.

Adams v. UNCW Heads to Trial

Lancelot1954 Wrote: Apr 08, 2013 9:55 AM
So proud of you fighting not only for your rights of free speech but for all of us as well. So amazing the left can claim to be so "all accepting" but work to silence any free speech they don't agree with.
If people don't realize the extreme danger Obama's crowd is putting on this country then one day they will be shocked but it will be to late. History has shown that removing guns from the hands of innocent citizens was one of the main events the communists and socialists did so they could better control their people. Obama knows most murders are done with hand guns but fears the so called assault weapons for he designed changes he wants to put on Americans.

GOP: R.I.P.?

Lancelot1954 Wrote: Jan 29, 2013 10:22 AM
I agree, there appears to be some power at the top of the GOP that is moving them further and further left and I really don't think its to get in power but it's what they want.

GOP: R.I.P.?

Lancelot1954 Wrote: Jan 29, 2013 10:21 AM
I have been in the GOP party for all my life but at this point I really don't care if the GOP survives or not. After the latter Bush years when they spent like drunken sailors, then cut the Tea Party off at the knees at the convention and pushed conservatives out of committees I have given up on them. If they aren't putting all their effort into saving us from economic collapse, which they aren't, then I choose to not support them any longer. I am not sure if they feel that becoming Liberal Lite will give them more power or the real power in the GOP wants that. Regardless they have become part of the problem and not part of the solution. Only difference is Obama's progressives will get to our countries ruin much faster.

Guns and the President

Lancelot1954 Wrote: Jan 24, 2013 9:01 AM
Judge, so nice to see you again in the blogs. Have always enjoyed your view on things.
Larry, Like you I am sure they will not answer you but the Liberal policies are at the root of our moral degradation and the cause of most of these mass shooting let alone the gang warfare. Sadly with the election of Obama I sadly think we have passed the moral cliff. What is so sad is the masses that are so willingly following these leaders to their own destruction.