Although studies show that we conservatives are usually happier and more optimistic than most about our personal lives, we also tend to be a bit more pessimistic than the average person about the country. We look at our unsustainable level of spending, the dramatically expanding, increasingly lawless welfare state, encouragement of tribalism and class hatred as a political tactic, hostility towards Christianity, schools that teach socialism and liberalism, the morally bankrupt entertainment industry and the reelection of a man who may have had the single worst performance as President of anyone in our nation's history and we quite naturally...
John, It's always nice to be an optimistic half full type of person but its also good to be realistic. In a normal time I would agree with you, however we are not in a normal time. With the ratio of dept to GDP being over 100%, running trillion dollar deficits and 85 billion a month with QE3 doesn't make for normal time. Further with this election I am afraid they people have also pasted a moral cliff as well as a the much more important Fiscal Cliff.
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 42 mins ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago